Friday, February 18, 2011

Healthy Double Down Possible? Survey says YES!!

Ever since KFC released the nightmarish beast known as the Double Down, people have been decrying the unhealthiness of it.  They see a horror, I see a challenge!  For the past few months I've been batting an idea in my head for how one can make the Double Down into something healthy.  The basic premise is something that is high in protein and low in carb, which is good.  It's just that fat and sodium issue to be dealt with.  Last night was my first attempt mainly as a way to get rid of some stuff outta the fridge and freezer.  I took two turkey burgers, a piece of low-fat ham, a slice of low-fat Swiss cheese, whipped up a simple pesto with some fresh basil, walnuts and cheese in the fridge.  The result was this:




Turned out pretty good and even my husband became intrigued.  I will definitely be doing this again, probably with chicken breasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment